A MANAGERS-ONLY EVENT
Thursday, October 27, 2011
3:30 – 4:00pm Registration
4:00 – 5:30pm Presentation
5:30 – 6:30pm Reception
Pillsbury’s San Francisco office
50 Fremont Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
How can hedge fund managers that seek more efficient methods for raising capital avail themselves of the public markets?
Now, many private fund managers are finding that a registered fund product can address the needs of certain investors, and with turnkey solutions available, the complexity that has traditionally been associated with registered funds may no longer be a deterrent.
Please join the California Hedge Fund Association, Pillsbury, and JD Clark & Company for a panel discussion on solutions for registered funds. All the questions you have regarding how to organize and operate a registered fund will be addressed at this Managers-Only Event, including:
- What is the process for registering an alternative investment product?
- What are the tax, regulatory and operational issues for a registered fund?
- Interval funds, closed-end funds and open-end funds—why choose one over the other?
- Who are the investors I will reach with a registered fund?
- Can I run both hedge funds and registered funds at the same time?
- How do I minimize regulatory scrutiny and outsource the back office?
Tony Fischer, UMB Fund Services
Paul Kangail, Ernst & Young
Vic Fontana, Registered Fund Solutions
Rachel Minard, Minard Capital
Jay Gould, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP